Monday, December 04, 2006

I love the peace of late night.

I love to sit in the family room by the fire, look at the tree and wrap presents. We made a big change in our house this year. A fake tree. ~GASP~ Yup. I said fake tree. A first for me. I'm not wild about it. I just don't think I'm a fake tree kind of girl. It doesn't 'smell' like Christmas. But each year we struggle with the feeling guilty about killing a tree thing. I mean, really, what's the point...right? We cut down this big tree that's been growing for YEARS, drag it home and into the house and then decorate it. It's sort of an odd tradition when you really think about it. And after Christmas is over, we undecorate the tree, drag it out of the house only for it to be turned into mulch. Poor tree.

We put up two trees each year. One in the fam room and one in the living room. Well James didn't want me to go cold turkey so we went and got our second tree this weekend. Just took the boys to a lot (no mountaineering/hiking expedition for us this year). James is sick. The boys are sick. Soon I fear I shall be sick too. Anyway...the 'lot' tree as it shall now be deemed....SO SO SO SO wonderful. Smells SO good. Now I feel like it's Christmas. I try to 'forget' it got chopped down just so I could enjoy its smell. Poor tree. lol...

I really do love the peace of late night. Everyone is in bed asleep (except for me, Callie and Oliver) of course. Wherever I go they go. I'm thinking I might scrap tonight. I have some things to do...many things in fact...and haven't scrapped for seriously...hmm....at least a week. So maybe I'll scrap tonight although four more boxes of goodness were delivered today all of which need to be wrapped and put under the big tree in the living room. I decided this year to wrap as I buy. I am SO diggin' it. But I'll have to decide tonight. It's an either/or kind of deal. There's quite a few things that need to be wrapped. There's also a large part of me being drawn to my space to scrap.....

No comments: