Thursday, May 27, 2010

three for three.

"Sunset"
i feel things deeply.
strongly.
passionately.
from looking at me from the outside, you would never know.
it's all going on...........inside.
sometimes so much so it overloads me.
shuts me down.
completely.
sometimes, however, it is a good thing.
a necessary thing.
it's just how i am.
it will never change.
and i wouldn't want to.
i've said all these things before.
i'm saying them again because they relate to this painting.
my third recent abstract.
it's bold.
messy.
powerful.
there are two things that make me feel.
instantly.
one is the ocean.
being on the beach.
the way it smells.
it makes me feel different.
it opens me.
the other is music.
sometimes i don't know how deeply affected by things i am until i hear certain words in a song.
the rhythm of a song can take me away.
music evokes STRONG emotion in me.
i had no idea what this painting would end up being when i started it.
i have to say, i was damn close to the zone.
i love how this painting turned out.
watching the sun set, being on the beach....
those two things are strong.
powerful.
to me.
almost every single time i paint i jam to tunes.
mostly DMB.
loud DMB.
it helps me not think.
which helps me paint.
the less i think the easier a painting is created.
fucking loving abstract.

5 comments:

QuirkyGirl said...

if i wsn't sure i didn't write this i would think i wrote this...basically cuz of what you said about music and the sea. I couldn't have explained myself better than what you wrote. I dig it. I get it.

Anonymous said...

Kim - you work is brilliant right now. Go with the flow, you are swimming in the right direction.

Bonnie said...

BEAUTIFUL AND POWERFUL! These paintings are amazing.

Erin said...

Your abstract stuff is a-m-a-z-i-n-g! I love it.

I have been reading your blog for quite some time now... just don't say too much. You are such a strong woman -- even if you don't feel like it.

Just discovered a new singer you might like (at least, new to me). Check out Florence + the machine... so good. Esp *Drumming Song*.

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

love this painting, and i agree with erin - check out florence and the machine - awesome!
jo x